Maidenhead United Reformed Church has its origins back in 1662, when the Rector of Henley left his living as a result of the Act of Uniformity. A few years afterwards a Congregational Chapel was erected in Back Lane, which is now West Street.
The main part of the present sanctuary dates from 1785, with modifications in the 19th century and recently in 1988. We became a United Reformed Church in 1972 when The Congregational Church in England and Wales united with the Presbyterian Church. In 1981 the Churches of Christ were added to our number. The Congregational Union of Scotland joined the United Reformed Church in April 2000.